Friday, October 28, 2011

TEEN VOGUE FASHION UNIVERSITY - PRIVATE SHOPPING EVENT AT H&M IN NYC (FRIDAY 10.21.11)




My friend will be attending the upcoming Teen Vogue Fashion University and as one of the kick-off events, Teen Vogue hosted a private shopping event for the students from 6 to 8 PM at the H&M on 42nd Street + 5th Avenue in NYC. Students were given 25% off their entire purchase during the two hours, along with the pleasure of enjoying live music + dj, cute waiters handing out little finger foods (teeny tiny cheeseburgers, mini ice cream cones, little pizza slices, etc), and other activities (getting feather extensions, taking pictures with an H&M backdrop, meeting other bloggers!). I was very lucky to be able to go with my friend, who was so sweet to take me!



  However, there is a whole story behind this. My friend invited me to this event about 30 minutes before she was going to leave for the city by bus! It was a very last minute decision for me, and at first I declined, but then I realized that I really shouldn't (and couldn't) pass up on her offer. I was at the mall wearing the outfit that I wore to school (sweater, skirt, flats) and I knew that I was going to freeze my butt off if I wore that to the city! Luckily for me, I just bought a pair of black combat boots from Forever 21, black leggings and a camel colored chunky sweater from H&M, and had an extra pair of socks in my purse (like whattttt?! I swear that day was my lucky day). I RAN to my car, CHANGED in my car, and quickly hopped onto the bus to the city. Let me tell you...it was crazy! But it felt so good wearing a brand new outfit to go to the city. What's more, the weather was absolutely gorgeous that night, so I didn't need a jacket or anything! It honestly couldn't have been any better. Plus, I broke in my new boots so I'm all set to go :)


Overall, the H&M shopping event was super exciting! There were sooooo many bloggers and photographers! The live band was amazing and the food tasted yummy! Everything was so fancy shmancy...and I loved every moment of it. I can't wait to go back to the city and experience it all over again. All I have to say is I ♥ NYC (and shopping).

Sweater-H&M / Leggings- H&M / Bracelet-BCBG/ Shoes-F21 / Purse-Francesca's Boutique

xoxo,
Nancy 


0 comments:

CONTACT ME:
nancytang0403@yahoo.com